Here at Borderlands we know how many people love to try archery. Just for fun we thought we’d take a look at the best of archery in film and tv.
1. Katniss Everdeen: Skilful but deeply troubled and troubling, Katniss takes the lead in the Hunger Games series. Her archery skills are legendary and help her to survive the harsh world she is thrown into.
2. Legolas: Played by Orlando Bloom in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Legolas is agile, courageous and with his incredible eyesight, always hits the target at distances that would leave Olympic champions jealous!
3. Yondu: Blue-skinned, red-finned alien member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Yondu’s skill at archery involves a little cheating (albeit still pretty impressive). After loosing his arrows, he can whistle to change their course, even bringing them back to his hands – talk about recycling!
4. Hawkeye: Another Marvel Comics favourite, Hawkeye combines archery with a range of other martial arts. He must work out prolifically though – with an 250 pound draw weight bow, he can loose arrows with some force.
5. Robin Hood: No roundup of screen archery heroes would be complete without a mention of Robin Hood. From the 1908 silent film “Robin Hood and his merry men” to 2018’s “Robin Hood”, the medieval hero has stolen from the rich to give to the poor in more than 70 TV and film appearances. Highlights include the 1938 Errol Flynn version and of course the Disney animated film of 1973. We love this roundup of Robin Hood clips!
Ready for your own archery adventure? Join us in the Borderlands and go for Gold!