The Borderlands Outdoor Team
Outdoor adventure is in our blood at Borderlands. Choose a team with the experience and passion to deliver a high quality adventure
Growing up in inner city Hull, I was introduced to the outdoors by inspirational scout leaders. A world of climbing, hiking and camping was opened up to me, and helped me to develop my passion for sharing these wonderful experiences with others.
My love of outdoor adventure has taken me to South America, East Africa and New Zealand among other places. I canoe, kayak, climb, cave and walk in the Wye Valley, South Wales and beyond.
I enjoy writing about my experiences in the outdoors and have had articles published in magazines including Trek and Mountain, The Great Outdoors, Outdoor Adventure Guide, Trail, Country Walking and The Professional Mountaineer.
- Foundation degree in Outdoor Education
- Mountain Training UK – Climbing Wall Instructor Award and Rock Climbing Instructor Award
- British Canoeing – UKCC Level 2 coach in canoeing and kayaking
- Archery GB – Archery Leader Award, UKCC Level 1 archery coach
- Royal Yachting Association – Safety Boat Operator
- Institute for Outdoor Learning – Foundational Bushcraft Competency Certificate
- British Fencing – Go Fence Leader Award
Having grown up on the Cornish coast I had my first adventures sailing around St Austell Bay as a child. I still enjoy being on the water but prefer to be in a canoe or kayak these days. I’ve always loved wild camping and have moved on from this to develop a passion for bushcraft.
Over the years I have worked with a diverse range of clients of different ages, nationalities and abilities including school groups, overseas language students, adult corporate groups and one to one work with hard-to-reach young people.