Course and activity Booking Terms and Conditions
Bookings and Payments
- Bookings may be made by email, letter or telephone. By booking a course or activity you acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions.
- Payment for open courses / activities is due at the time of booking, either via our website or on receipt of invoice as appropriate.
- Private activity or course bookings will be confirmed on receipt of deposit of £50 or 50% of the course cost (whichever is greatest), payable at the time of the booking.
- The balance of payment must be made no later than 4 weeks prior to the course.
- Payments can be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer (BACS).
By Borderlands Outdoor
- Borderlands Outdoor will only ever cancel activities in exceptional circumstances. In the event of a cancellation by Borderlands Outdoor a place will be offered on a subsequent course, but if this does not meet the clients’ needs, a full refund will be provided within 5 working days.
By the client
- Courses booked by email or telephone can be cancelled within 14 days of the booking, in accordance with the distance selling regulations. Cancellation must be made in writing or by email. In the event of cancellation within 14 days of such a booking, Borderlands Outdoor will fully reimburse any money paid. This clause shall not apply in the case of late bookings where the course or activity has already taken place.
- If cancellation is made after this period has elapsed, Borderlands Outdoor reserves the right to charge the following cancellation fees:
More than 30 days prior to activity No fee. Full refund given
7-30 days prior to activity 50% of fee payable
Less than 7 days prior to activity 100% of fee payable
At the discretion of Borderlands Outdoor, the client may transfer to another course / activity as an alternative to forfeiting part of the fee. Course transfers less than 7 days prior to the course will incur a £30 administration fee.
Our navigation course certificates are externally awarded, so certificates are issued by first class post following the completion of the course. You should expect to receive your certificate within 4 weeks of the course, so please contact us if this has not happened. We regret that we cannot be held responsible for missing certificates reported to us more than 2 months after the end of the course. We will assist you in applying for replacements after this time but any replacement certificate fees will be your responsibility.
Borderlands retains contact details of individuals who have completed and returned course booking forms to us. The details are used for course administration purposes. Occasional email newsletters are sent to clients who have opted in to receive these.
Any queries regarding these terms and conditions should be made to:
36 Brook Estate,
Tel 07580 135869